Friday, June 24, 2011

New York Won Same-Sex Marriage!!!!!

Holy smoke people I am so excited I can barely contain myself. This was a cliff hanger vote that literally wound the clock down to the last second. Talk about your dramatic finishes!

The final vote was tallied at 33-29 with 32 needed to pass. This would not have happened if not for the hard work of New Yorks progressive senators and the handful of republicans who frankly shocked us all with their support. In a act of swiftness uncharacteristic of any government...Governor Cuomo has already signed the bill into law and it goes into effect in 30 days. So buy your rings, your cakes, and get your registry on because your getting married New York! Congratulations!

5 comments:

  1. My cousins and realtives in NY will be quite happy! Moms side of the family is from upstate NY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reaally happy too! So much progress this year, eventually this will be at a federal level in the far future.

    P.S. You guys are REALLY an inspiration to me. I look up to you two.

    :)

    Take care,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome news you guys! also I heard that Neil Patrik Harris is finally getting married to his david! yayy.

    thanks for the updates. One step closer to a better world!

    Love from Palestine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome news! WHOOOOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in NYC for LGBT Pride this weekend. It was jubilant.

    And it's been 25 years since my last trip to tht city. The only difference now, I want to live and work there.

    ReplyDelete